ARC (STICK) WELDING
ARC (STICK) WELDING
Arc welding is a common way of joining two or more pieces of metal. It is used to melt metal together by heating it using an arc of electricity between two electrodes or an electrode and the metal being worked on. An electric current, in the form of either alternating current or direct current from a welding power supply, is used to form an electric arc between the electrode and the metals to be joined. As the weld is laid, the flux coating of the electrode disintegrates, giving off vapours that serve as a shielding gas and providing a layer of slag, both of which protect the weld area from atmospheric contamination.
- To know what welding is and the type of weld preparations
- Set up a safe work area, preferably with a table constructed of steel or other non-flammable material.
- Operate the different types of welding machines
- Apply safety in welding correct use and care of welding equipment/process
- Understand the electrode and care of welding process
- Understand using the welding machine, electrodes and clamps.
- Carry out the following welding task: single bead, weaving, multiple runs, conduct a single
- Understand weld joint preparation, welding position and defects in welding
- Carry out visual inspection
- Pre-heat and post-weld heat treatment and apply quality control.
- Carry out the following welding task: vertical up weld, single and weaving, vertical up V butt-joint, overhead weld on flat surface, single and weaving, overhead single V butt-joint.
- General Welding Safety and Health Standards.
Purpose of the Course
-To provide the students with the fundamental skill to use Arc Welding that continues to be a popular type of welding used extensively in the construction of steel structures and in industrial fabrication. Due to its versatility and simplicity, it is particularly dominant in the maintenance and repair industry, and is heavily used in the construction of steel structures and in industrial fabrication. Also because of the low equipment cost and wide applicability, the process will likely remain popular, especially among amateurs and small businesses where specialized welding processes are uneconomical and unnecessary.
Therefore it’s essential that every welding student is equipped with the vital skills to weld using this commonly used type of welding. The Shield Metal Arc Welding is designed for new welding students who have little to no knowledge of the field. All the terms used are defined or explained throughout the courses, so students are not required to have a welding vocabulary to understand the content.
Stainless steel; Carbon Steel; Mild steel; Duplex; Titanium; Aluminium
-The learner will achieve a level of skills which enhances his status in a company or will lead to a formal employment. At the completion of the course each student will receive a certificate of completion, recognized and certified by the relevant local and international stakeholders.
-The successful participant will be able to produce high quality welds, brazing, cuts, and pierces and to solve more advanced welding tasks in all positions within a metal work environment in order to improve productivity and quality within the workplace and improve his won employability in the sectors of building ships, models, bridges, and autos, and building construction.
Throughout the training, continuous assessments are carried out by the way of written tests and practical assignments in order to monitor progress of the trainee and effectiveness of learning.
Costs and Terms of Payment
To enquire for costs of the course, kindly call on 0110426247 or alternatively email us on email@example.com